VORTEX also has 14 relevant associated partners from all parts of the world and who provide a necessary complement to VORTEX’s core members.
One group of associated partners lies within law enforcement, judiciary agencies, providers of welfare services, and state security. They offer competences within the field of practice and policymaking.
- The Danish Prison and Probation Service
- The Deaconess Foundation
- Oslo Kommune
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
A second category of associated partners is constituted by civil society organisations (CSO). They have expertise in citizendriven, voluntary, community-based, soft-power approaches, public engagement, and information campaigns and programmes – but in some countries they form the backbone of professional prevention work.
- Kommon Ground
- The Peace Action, Training and Research Institute of Romania (PATRIR)
- Violence Prevention Network (VPN)
A third set of associated partners is made up of research institutes (some are academic) with broad and relevant non-academic networks. These organisations are experts in policy-relevant knowledge generation and dissemination, public engagement, and commissioned research.
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK)
- Gadjah Mada University
- Das Institut für Demokratie und Zivilgesellschaft (IDZ)
- Mindanao State University Institute of Peace and Development in Mindanao
- L’Organe de Coordination pour l’Analyse de la Menace (OCAM)/ The Coordination Unit for Threat Analysis (CUTA)
- University of Central Florida (UCF)
- Universiteit Utrecht (UU)